We all started this year with the hope that it would be a kind one. But I think we can agree that’s not exactly how it panned out.
We have witnessed the profound and devastating human impact of ongoing global unrest. Here in NZ,
the weather events in the early part of the year were devastating for so many, compounded by the challenges of an economic downturn, creating a difficult situation
for individuals and businesses alike.
For us as a business we have been challenged but we have embraced those challenges and we have achieved some great things.
This year, at JH, we…
- Contributed to the Breast Cancer Cure designer sweatshirt campaign
- Donated $8k to CPAG through sales of our CPAG Bloomers
- Have loved continuing to work with our brand partners Audi, Amisfield and Antipodes.
- Showed at New Zealand Fashion Week onsite for the first time in 9 years. We felt our show was a perfect celebration of all things JH and a wonderful opportunity to bring our community together
- Relaunched Juliette Hogan Bridal to offer a bespoke design service for just 10 brides per year
- Finished the year producing one of our most beautiful collections to date which will be available in February 2024
- Worked with some amazing creatives to bring our collections to life, notably, Josie Wignall, Lauren Gunn, Holly Sarah Burgess, Aidan Rogers, Maureen Lander, Raeesah Sacha, Nicole Ku, as well as the team at Shadowlands, cay.works, and Dean at Alt Group.
This year, I was also honoured to be appointed the Chair of the Board of Directors for Mindful Fashion New Zealand at their Annual General Meeting.
The successes of this year have been a team effort and I am grateful to work with such a determined and passionate group of people. Thank you to all of my team for making JH what it is.
I’m not quite sure what 2024 will bring but I know that we will enter it with integrity, respect & elegance as we look to celebrate a milestone 20 years in business.
Wishing you all a wonderful break and I hope that you find pockets of quiet, be kind to yourself & be kind to those around you.